Truthfully One of a Kind.

Most of the time, I love all my creations, but sometimes I have dear ones that I hold very close to my heart, like this Frida Kahlo pillow and its black beads. Last year, during my stay in Con Con, a small beach town in Chile, I met an extraordinary lady. One day I entered this mind-blowing vintage store. As I started a small chat with the owner, she looked at me wide-eyed. Then, she interrupted to tell me a story. Earlier that day, she was alone and upset, sitting by the beach trail, when she saw a woman with pink hair. She looked at this woman walking by and felt a sense of peacefulness, so she dried her tears and continued looking at the blue pacific ocean. So to her surprise, a couple of hours later, this woman with pink hair entered her store. We became instant friends, and I went back to her store to share a cup of tea and a laugh whenever I could until I returned to the states. At her unique store, I bought these black vintage beads and other beautiful, ancient stuff I now have in my home. That is the beauty of handmade, and that is why I love so much to make one-of-a-kind pieces because you are not simply buying an item; you are acquiring a story with meaning. 



















Monailtd <3.


Latest

¿Por qué no ha habido grandes mujeres artistas? Patchwork, 2019

For English, click  HERE . ¿Por qué no han habido grandes mujeres artistas?, preguntó Linda Nochlin en un ensayo publicado en 1971, pregu...